Visualisation through Improvado widgets¶
A widget is a tool for the visual representation of data. It works as a Table view in the Reporting user interface. From there you are able to manage filters and merge rules. When creating a report, there are two possible options:
- The report can be created from scratch.
- The report can be created using pre-defined templates.
In the second case, the pre-defined set of widgets will already be ready and filled with data. If you created a report from scratch, after generating the report, you will see a window that looks like this.
It is easy to see that this tab contains all the main elements of the interface, but no data is displayed. In order to display information, you need to add widgets to the tab. Here you can also do two things:
- Add a default widget set
- Add and customize widgets yourself
To add widgets by default, click the Add Default Widgets button at the middle of the screen. This will automatically create and post three widgets: PieChart, Chart, and Table on the report tab and fill them with your dataset items.
Otherwise, click the Add Widgets button at the top right. This will open the list of available widgets.
The Widget selection list gives you the following options:
All these widgets have their own specifics, filters, and customization. We will describe them each in detail in the following chapter.
After adding a widget you can edit it by pressing the gear icon at the top right corner of the widget element. These are the editing options:
- “Edit” item will open the same dialog window which was used for widget creation, allowing you to change widget type, data sets, and all possible options you were able to set up while creating a widget;
- “Resize” function will allow you to choose the widget size;
- “Up” and “Down” items will help you to move your widget on the dashboard to reorder them (e.g. if you created a chart after creating a table, but you need the table to be on the top of the screen)
- You can delete widget by pressing “Delete”
Widgets like charts and summary also have a table icon near the gearbox which allows you to switch between showing the visualized data or initial data table.